Monday 1 November 2010

Andrew Jobe Evaluation


Andrew Jobe                                         First Assessment Analysis

We had to recreate a previous AS level students work for our assessment. The genre that we chose to copy was Psychological; we copied a 40 second clip of the film pendant. I shot 3 clips of the film, an extreme long shot, tracking shot and a long shot, and I was also involved in organising the other shots. My shots showed that I could hold a camera still while filming my shots. Also I was able to track a shot and follow the actor in an extreme long shot. I used composition techniques competently, making sure that the actor started in the top left of the screen during a moving shot, and making sure that I don’t waste any space while filming a closer up shot. I also framed all of my shots appropriately.

Our shots flow very well together with the light getting worse as the shots go on, which could be a bad thing but it also shows realism. Also in a shot a tram is shown in the reflection in the water, which would have looked wrong if there was not a tram passing as the shot changed, but we waited until the next tram came by so that the shots flowed properly. We also made sure that the actor and actress stayed in the same outfit which made our shots flow correctly. We chose not to use transitions because the group that we had copied had not used any in the bit that we recreated and also we felt that it was unnecessary to use transitions.

The make up and costume that we had to use was just normal clothing but we had to make sure that the bad guy in the film wore a hooded jumper and that was something we made sure of. We chose the same location that the group that we had recreated chose, a problem with that was that there was no bench that they had filmed on and also another group was filming the same film at the same time. We changed the actors to different genders, which may have made the film seem scarier as the person being followed was a teenage girl.

I filmed 3 shots during the film and then I edited most of the film with help from the rest of the group, I also drew up the shot list and used it as a checklist. The improvements could have been filming a little bit earlier so that it wasn’t as dark when we finished our filming. Also in one of our clips had another groups bags in the shot that couldn’t really be helped at the time but if I shot it again I’d make sure we were the only group there at that time. When I shoot my final piece of coursework I will make sure we spend more time on makeup and find a better location with the things that we need to make our film work. Next time I shoot I will make sure that we have plenty time to shot our film, and also I will try and incorporate some transitions into the finished film.

No comments:

Post a Comment